What is this?

On the first working Monday of every month (Monday is one of my busiest days) I will donate the daily income of Chocolate Tortoise to a selected charity, and post to this blog detailing the charity chosen. This blog is not intended to tell the world how generous I am. I am less generous than many people. The blog is intended to firstly log who I have donated to, and secondly to hopefully inspire others to do the same, or similar. For more information, see my first post.

Sunday 23 April 2017

March 2017 - Trigeminal Neuralgia Association

The chosen charity for March 2017 is the TRIGEMINAL NEURALGIA Association.




I don't know very much at all about this charity, nor the condition it supports, but an old friend of mine knows a sufferer of the condition.

TRIGEMINAL NEURALGIA is an extremely severe facial pain that tends to come and go unpredictably in sudden shock-like attacks. The pain is normally triggered, for example by light touch, and is described as stabbing, shooting, excruciating or burning. It usually lasts for a few seconds but there can be many bursts of pain in quick succession.

It was only after I had made my donation that I also noticed that they are based in Oxted, where I live, so it is also a local charity too.

After my donation I received a lovely emailed thank you note from them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note that I moderate comments - just to avoid spam getting on to the blog - so it may take a short time for your comment to appear