What is this?

On the first working Monday of every month (Monday is one of my busiest days) I will donate the daily income of Chocolate Tortoise to a selected charity, and post to this blog detailing the charity chosen. This blog is not intended to tell the world how generous I am. I am less generous than many people. The blog is intended to firstly log who I have donated to, and secondly to hopefully inspire others to do the same, or similar. For more information, see my first post.

Sunday 23 April 2017

February 2017 - Wildlife Aid

The chosen charity for Donate A Day February 2017 is Wildlife Aid.



I have donated to Wildlife Aid before, and was a volunteer there for about a year or so back in 2011/2012 and they do a fantastic job of helping injured and sick wildlife return to their natural place in the wild, whist also enabling volunteers to get closer to wildlife and understand animals' needs.

Set up in 1980 by one man, Simon Cowell OBE (no, not that one!), it has grown to a team dedicated to helping the local wildlife.

Whilst browsing their website, I noticed that at the beginning of the year a thief broke in and stole a caravan belonging to the charity, costing them a lot of money to replace. They set up an appeal to help cover the costs incurred, and this donation went towards that appeal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note that I moderate comments - just to avoid spam getting on to the blog - so it may take a short time for your comment to appear