What is this?

On the first working Monday of every month (Monday is one of my busiest days) I will donate the daily income of Chocolate Tortoise to a selected charity, and post to this blog detailing the charity chosen. This blog is not intended to tell the world how generous I am. I am less generous than many people. The blog is intended to firstly log who I have donated to, and secondly to hopefully inspire others to do the same, or similar. For more information, see my first post.

Sunday 23 April 2017

April 2017 - Centrepoint

The chosen charity for April 2017 is Centrepoint.





A client of mine, Captain Nathan Mills, is (today!) running his first London Marathon in aid of this worthy cause, so I thought it only right that I support him, and the cause, with my April Donate A Day contribution.

(Nathan's donation page can be found here: virginmoneygiving)

As someone who has lived around London for my whole life, the Centrepoint building has been a focal point, and a recognisable landmark whenever I've been up in the West End, so I was very happy to support a good charity that is based around this familiar building.

Homeless young people, aged 16-25, stay with Centrepoint for up to two years, but they keep supporting them for another six months to make sure they can live independently.
They provide accommodation, health support and life skills to get them back into education, training and employment.


From their website:

Centrepoint is the UK's leading charity for homeless young people - but what does that actually mean? It means that, together with our partners, we support 9,000 young people every year. We help 16-25 year olds into a safe place to live, give them a health assessment and plan support for their individual mental and physical health needs. We start them on a path to more independence and a job.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note that I moderate comments - just to avoid spam getting on to the blog - so it may take a short time for your comment to appear